Update/I just turned in my hawkfish and copperband butterfly for a yellow tailed blue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else gettting the strange feeling like this could all be a practical joke? This guy can't be that clueless with all the information that is available on this site and others.

Being a "rookie" is no excuse for not doing research. These animals are wild caught 90% of the time and deserve the right environment. That being said, everyone makes mistakes. There is a ton of fish out there that will comfortably live in a 40g. I have two 40G fully stocked with great wrasse's, gobies, clowns, one dwarf angel in each and a bimac hogfish. Do I want tangs? Absolutely. But I wont until I upgrade. Why? Because there is a wealth of information out there. It will save the animal's life and your wallet in the long run.

The only questionable things I'm doing now is the 3 clowns and the 2 adult green spotted puffers in my reef ...both of them check out fine for now ill give updates on how they're doing

This is one of those "i need help and advise" threads that i just dont understand. Ive been a part of this forum for over 2 years. With that said, i read through your thread and watched you not only ignore, but pretty much scoff at the advise given to you, of which i seen atleast 4 very experienced salties comment with advice. If you aren't going to do your part to ensure these fish and corals have the best living conditions possible, just stop now and sell everything. Yes we all make mistakes, yes we all have gone against the advice of other knowledgeable hobbyists, but you need to learn how to take away positive information from situations like this. The only way you should expect to grow in this hobby is to do a TON of research and spend time in these forums. Nobody is going to help you if your responses continue the way they have.

Ps. Foul language is not permitted as per the forum rules, so unless you want the mods to take action, id relax a bit.

Okay okay I give up I've worked to hard to have a wipeout ..... here's what I have : 3 tank bread clowns :2 green spotted puffers :snowflake eel :boxer shrimp :hermit crab :condy anenome :sebae anenome : a pink spotted goby :sea apple :green mushroom rock :frogspond :candy and two other corals that look like sunflowers and one purple corals with green tips looks like a bush... !!!!!!!!!!! What do I keep .... what do I trade in to make my tank better .... my lfs opens wenesday I need all the help I can get till then please let me know !

Pics from tank !

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130805_123452.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130805_123452.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 66
  • ForumRunner_20130805_123510.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130805_123510.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 77
  • ForumRunner_20130805_123533.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130805_123533.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 75
  • ForumRunner_20130805_123547.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130805_123547.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 71
  • ForumRunner_20130805_123603.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130805_123603.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 90
  • ForumRunner_20130805_123631.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130805_123631.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 85
  • ForumRunner_20130805_123723.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130805_123723.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 66
  • ForumRunner_20130805_123747.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130805_123747.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 91
Id trade in one clown. If possible stay away from tangs. Its easy to think that "well he is small so he doesnt need a big tank" but the truth is they do, for example i have a 6" lieutenant tang in my 72" long 125, he uses every inch of the tank throughout the day. Id look at gobies, some wrasses, etc. you have a very popular size tank an there are alot of options fish wise out there. If you see a fish that you like, dont be afraid to look it up on live aquaria and read its info. Trust us when we say that itll pay off 10x for you when your tank is mature and cully stocked.

One of the hardest things for me to do is decide on stocking. I personally love shrimp, they are one of the reasons I like salt water over fresh, that does however mean that I have had to pass on the puffer and snowflake eel that I want because I don't want my shrimp to be dinner. That being said I see two ways you could go, you can keep the fish like the puffers and the eel and a couple larger fish or you can go with the more peaceful fish and keep the inverts. It is up to you, after all it is your tank. The fish should all be ok with coral to my knowledge but I only have a year of experience. The other hard part of salt IMO is not over stocking. I wanted to add more fish to my 29 very badly but instead I decided to save up and start a larger tank. I kept my tank with 4 fish and used it as a way to gain knowledge in the hobby to apply to my upgrade. I personally would recommend running this tank in a good state and decide what size you would need in the future to be 100% satisfied. Then in a few years with more money you can get all the stock you want, for me I will need 4 tanks from 55 gallon up to 180 gallons as well as a shark lagoon to have all the stock I want. That won't even be an option in my current house, so I'm out at least 15 years. I will however be able to get a couple of fish I want when I make my current 29 reef into a fowlr after my upgrade. Don't get discouraged this hobby takes time and $. One last question is what is your lighting, your nem looks a bit pale but it could just be adjusting. I don't know much about them as I haven't had any.

My puffers are the brackish fish that need marine when they're older they've been in there for a month now and happy they do pick on one another tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom