Update/I just turned in my hawkfish and copperband butterfly for a yellow tailed blue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Losing a lot of money and its not like I don't get attached to these fish .... I've been trying forever to get 1 happy tank ...... so unless someone wants to bless this 18 yr old rookie with 1000 $ in a 40 gal tank with a 500 $ petco gift card my tang 3 tank bred (one is black) 2 green spotted puffers and snowflake eel are staying

Sorry man, I know its hard to be patient in this hobby, especially at 18 years old...

One clown will die if you keep 3 and your tang will not thrive :(

You can't force the situation to work just because you want it to..

If I add another black clown that would give him a pair then they won't fight right ?

Nope it doesn't work like that, your tank is just not big enough for more than two clowns i am afraid. Adding another will ensure a bloodbath. I would be listening to all of the above advice so you can have a successful reef tank, re home the tang and return a clown, there are plenty of awesome fish out there that would suit. Ask here before buying any livestock - it will save you money and heartache down the road...

I see that the color is blue, but I am curious about its potency. You know you need pretty strong light for corals and anemones, right?

Do you know what light it is? Did it have writing on the box? What kind of lamps does it use and how many?

Keep your fish, keep your eye on them if you see a problem trade it in. At least you want advice learned some stuff and many fish out there are in worst shape with out any good advice for them. IMO I never will buy a tang and some other fish. I see tangs diving and to say a tang needs a 4'-6' tank is a joke these fish cover large areas and no tank is big enough to keep them happy.

Oh no, very sorry about the tang. I hate losing fish, if thats not bad enough that they die you also are out a decent amount of money usually, it's a double hit.

Tangs do not belong in a tank your size. If that's your tank in your avatar, I think you need a lot more filtration (live rock). I have a strong feeling your lighting is not sufficient to keep corals long term either.

I tend to agree with just about all the advice given here. I also understand that you have an addiction like many of us here. But the advice here is sound and you owe it to these fish and corals to keep them in a tank that's suitable for their needs. A lot of fish are caught in the wild and brought into tanks where they will suffer and die an early death.

Sadly, it is obvious that you won't listen to anyone's advice and instead do what you want to the fish's detriment.

Hey guys I have a fluval 200 big canister filter live rock I'm putting in as much as I can afford

Should have used that $50 on fish that are well suited to smaller tanks. Tangs on a minimum should have 55g plus, and I recommend the plus. They school well together on even bigger size tanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom