Update on 30g reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Frogspawn

Aquarium Advice Freak
hey guys
just wanted to give u guys a quick update. its been a wile since i last posted. for those who knew about the flighting clowns i had.. they are doing wonderfull the smaller ones getting much bigger and bold in color and the larger one still eats like a pig lol. the purple arco i placed in there is doing wonderfull as well as the toadstool and torch coral. the pulsing exzina is huge and needs to be moved to a more permit spot and i dont know how. as for all my shrooms and polyps thier are growing like weeds. though not spliting like i would like them to. they just seem to get larger in size. the summer is apon us and temps are slowy riseing. and i am thinking i might have a heat issue with my tank very soon :( any ideas would be helpfull. i placed a fan on my refuge but my water evaporates very quicky like almost 1g a day. as for water quility they seem to stay in check i dont ever seen any thing wrong in the tank. no sudden out brakes in alage or dead snails or hermit so i belive all spec are as they should be.
i will take some pics and post later today.
thanks again
michael

I have a fan set up on the same timer as my lights.

I agree a fan across the top will work wonders. As far as the evaporation that`s just the fortunes of a marine tank. As long as you are topping off every day then you`ll be OK. I would like to see a pic also.

Fans do cause major evaporation issues, so if this is a problem then a chiller might be a better longterm solution, but upfront costs usually aren't pretty :p

Frogspawn I took your two post about posting pis and moved them to the site help area so someone can help you. Hope you get it fixed.

Innovator said:
Fans do cause major evaporation issues, so if this is a problem then a chiller might be a better longterm solution, but upfront costs usually aren't pretty :p

what issues?????????????

seaham358 said:
what issues?????????????
From my experience, I did notice I needed to top off a little more frequently. That is for my 125, after I added the fan. It's not that big of a deal, and I am not sure on how tank size would effect evaporation.

Back
Top Bottom