Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-18-2005, 03:56 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

*Update* On friend's 75Gal. Tank...

My friend started a 75gal Reef tank it has been up for 3 months. He has a ViaAqua protein skimmer with a 5W UV sterilizer. He has PC, Wet/Dry, DSB, LR, He has 2 clams (1 passed away), 3 frogspawns, fox coral, mushrooms, flat brain, 2 leathers, bubble coral, etc. I have told him to give the tank time b4 he started to stock as I did with my tank. He lost 10 fish already due to ick and already added a lionfish and maroon clownfish. He has lost alot and now has 1 lionfish, 1 Naso tang, 1 yellow tang, 1 eel, 2 percula clownfish. I have to admit he has had problems with stuff dying which I told him (He lost 13 fish due to ich, an open brain, gonipora, leather, anenome, clam) He ended up doing a 100% water change 60% day 1 and 40% day 2 everything in tank was milky looking and shriveled up. a week later the frogspawns are huge as well as the bubble coral and mushrooms. I have to admit the tank is coming back to great shape. I just wanted to keep those updated who read my previous posts of my friend who expects the tank to flourish over night is now doing great.

Old 06-18-2005, 04:05 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I regret ever reading this post, and others before it. This friend of yours should join our forum so we can help him out. Sad. Forget the money he wasted... I'm just sad so many things had to die.

Any updates on him either joining and learning, or at least reading what we've had to say in the past?

Old 06-18-2005, 04:31 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

He is actually my neighbor and likes to BS alot. He tells me he has read alot online and spoke to a number of people and he just is ansy.
Old 06-18-2005, 07:17 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to Brodie
People who waste life because of impatience should be banned from the aquarium hobby.
Old 06-18-2005, 09:48 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic

just wanna point out that a 60% one day and a 40% the next day isnt a 100% water change
Old 06-19-2005, 12:33 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak

Why don't you invite your frined to join or visit AA?
Old 06-19-2005, 02:29 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Freak

Oops, sorry I didn't realize RLG2182 had already suggested for your friend to join AA. If he's not listening to your advice, maybe you're better off letting him find out the hard way how things are supposed to be. His lost not yours. Altough I'm sorry for all the innocent fish and corals he's killing.

Tags
75g, 75gal, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com