Update on my 65 gallon: Puffer Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Purevil21

Aquarium Advice Addict
So the 65 gallon has been up for 6 weeks now since I bought it and moved it. I added the Midas blenny about 10 days ago, just thought I would post some pictures. Sorry they are kind of blurry, my midas is pretty active and doesn't sit still for pictures.

I plan on adding a flame hawkfish soon, but I had a question about blue spotted puffers. Are they compatible with clownfish? I don't think it would go after the blenny, hawkfish, or the bicolor dwarf angel I want to get eventually. I just didn't know if it would go after my two percula clowns. Has anyone on here kept these puffers? If so, how difficult of a fish was it to keep?

Attachments

• DSCN1402.jpg
    DSCN1402.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 109
  • DSCN1396.jpg
    DSCN1396.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 85
  • DSCN1399.jpg
    DSCN1399.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 74
Yes I know there is no background on it, I need to get a new one, a friends five year old pulled it off the back while no one was looking. lol This happened when I first bought the tank in February and I haven't replaced it yet...lazy much haha

Can't help with the puffer question but the tank and fish look great man! Nice work! I really like that blenny!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium

Thanks man, I want to get a background on it here soon. But I have been pretty happy with it so far.

I really dont think so. But they produce alot of waste and are prone to ick. I started out with puffers. They are great and can be hand fed and will let you pet them.

fish are friends not food

You don't think they are compatible with clowns? I know some of the larger puffers are definitely not compatible, I just wasn't sure about the smaller spotted puffers. They are listed on some online sites are docile, liveaquaria.com's compatibility chart says they are, but I don't always trust those charts. I wanted to hear from someone who had kept them, I know they can be messy, I have a large CUC for that, my nitrates hover around 0-5ppm.

I dont think it will be a problem. Thell be curious at first, just keep him well fed.

fish are friends not food

Ok, I appreciate the advice. How hard are they to care for? I have heard they are not always hardy.

Back
Top Bottom