Update on my 75g, jerry rigged VHO setup :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

schoeplein

Aquarium Advice Addict
**Caution: Pictures are quite large, not very dialup friendly. >_<

First, I'd like to give props to a local website www.maast.org/ for the local aquarium community in Texas -- been able to purchase a couple things, and hear about great sales. Good stuff.

Second, the pictures:

...with Flash:

...without Flash:

Xenia, Yellow Polyps and Pink Colt:

Zoos, Anemone and another one of the colt:

The Fish:

Last, what this tank consists of:
Fish: Pair of false perculas, pygmy (cherub) angel, bar goby, firefish goby, blacktail goby, bluedevil damsel, zebra damsel.
Inverts: Cleaner shrimp, 3xTurbo snails, 3xAstria Conehead snails, 3xBumblebee snails, I noticed some of those flat snails the other night, Carpet Anemone (Stichodactyla gigantea), gorilla crab that I haven't seen....
Coral: Xenia, Yellow Polyps, Pink Colt, zoos.
Lights: 65w x2 50/50 PC, 2x110w 14k Pink VHO, 2x110w Actinic VHO (w/ Icecap 660 ballast and Icecap digital timer, *woot*)
Equipment: Biowheel w carbon, HOB refugium w bioballs, mesh filters, and airpump skimmer, 8w UV sterilizer.

..oh, and the substrate is 40lbs livesand 40lbs crushed coral, two pieces of handcrafted limestone, and various pieces of live (some not-so-live) rock.

...I have a 110g with a nice painted black stand I'm upgrading to eventually that the lights will actually be mounted into the canopy... just waiting for the gloss coat to be painted onto the stand -- and I'm not all that anxious to carry a 110g tank up three flights of stairs. :blink

Nice set up!! I love the island effect!!

Are you intending to get a nice tang or something..? A showpiece fish would be mad in a tank like that!!

Good JOB!!

also have you thought of a background, like a nice black or blue ? I know it made my tank look 100x better

-thane

It looks like there is a window behind the tank.....? I would definitly recommend a background to stop the sunlight from hitting the tank and may cause algae bloom.

Back
Top Bottom