Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-21-2011, 04:10 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Regular

Cheers. Thanks very much!

Old 06-21-2011, 08:43 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Very nice tank, makes one want to just sit and stare.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 01:12 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

I'm having a hair algae problem myself! You started making your own water and it went away?? I've been buying my ro from the store and have quite the lawn growing in my tank wonder if I'm experiencing the same problem
Old 06-22-2011, 01:57 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Regular

Well, as a say I changed a few things. So I'm not really sure which individual one cured it. I'm pretty sure it was a combination.
I would recommend getting a four stage RO DI unit though, basically for ease of use and it keeps you away from the fish shop! Plus you know EXACTLY what your putting in there. A TDS meter is a must. It's interesting to see what the shop supplies as RO water. Mine read 24 PPM. My tap water is 130 ish, my unit is about 2-3 PPM.
Old 06-22-2011, 03:37 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Freak

I have a Kent maxxima I live in an apartment so I have limited access to a water source that's not in the way of Doin my dishes or takin a shower ya kno but I know I should try to rig it up somewhere, and prolly change all the filter media because it's been sitting around un used, is anyone else in the same predicament I'm in? What are some solutions to hooking up my rodi in my apartment so its not in the way
Old 06-22-2011, 04:10 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowsdime
I have a Kent maxxima I live in an apartment so I have limited access to a water source that's not in the way of Doin my dishes or takin a shower ya kno but I know I should try to rig it up somewhere, and prolly change all the filter media because it's been sitting around un used, is anyone else in the same predicament I'm in? What are some solutions to hooking up my rodi in my apartment so its not in the way
I got a fitting which clamps onto ur water pipe. The fitting has a tap attached to it so u can turn it off when ur not using it. So if u never got a fitting u could maybe look for one online?
Old 06-22-2011, 05:17 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Freak

Do you have a pic of it by chance??
Old 06-22-2011, 05:34 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Freak

Well I am at work just now but I could send one tomorrow. I'll see if I can find one online and upload a pic
Old 06-22-2011, 05:41 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Freak

It's not letting me upload photos but search 'self piercing feed valve' online! Hope this helps! U will have to find one with a thread to suit ur RO/DI unit connection
Old 06-22-2011, 07:27 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris-Nicol View Post
I got a fitting which clamps onto ur water pipe. The fitting has a tap attached to it so u can turn it off when ur not using it. So if u never got a fitting u could maybe look for one online?
I ordered an adapter that is an aerator. you take your aerator off your fauce and put this aerator on. when done swap it back. costs 6.50 from purewater.com

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com