Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 01-19-2006, 04:53 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
Update on Saved Orange Spotted FileFish

Yes remember me I work at my LFS and We got an Orange Spotted Filefish that came in with ich and was going to be frozen, also we didnt have any acro for the thing to eat. So I took him home and put him in a QT for like 2 weeks. Now everything I have read on this fish says "Experts only, This fish does not survive a week after shipping, They only eat Acro." Well I am here to say that I have trained the fish on live adult brine. While the fish was in QT I really never seen it eat. I tried flakes, mysis, brine, even some xenia I cut from my main tank. I never really seen him eat anything. So I placed him into my main tank like 2 days ago. I thought he might nibble at some of my polyps to eat but he still didnt eat anything. So I ordered some Live Adult Brine shrimp cuz my Mandarins love them. The last couple of days I have been jumping of the walls. The Fish loves to eat them like I was amazed I just assumed the fish was doomed. I have a video of him eating them you really cant see the shrimp real good but you can see him striking at them one by one I will load it onto a website and give the link when I get a chance. I am so happy the fish just looks awesome. Here is a picture of my trooper
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pict0006_667.jpg (50.3 KB, 64 views)

125g~Zoanthid dominated~SPS~LPS~T. crocea~S. haddoni~2xSaddleback Clowns~Hippo, Kole, Achilles Tang~Leopard Wrasse~Flame Angel~Purple Firefish~Gobies~Chromis~3xCleaner Shrimp~2xHarlequin Shrimp~Pistol Shrimp
AquaReefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 05:24 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via Yahoo to Hara
great! I hope all continues to go well for it..very nice of you to go the extra mile for this fish.

Hara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 05:26 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Send a message via AIM to Civicman86
Sweet I am glad he is doing well! Very pretty fish.

Pics and specs coming soon...
Civicman86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 07:30 PM   #4
thats what this is all about.

Nothing like thinking its a lost cause and then see something rebound.

Got some karma in the bank from the fish gods.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com