Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-09-2005, 07:28 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Addict

Very nice, I am gald to see it working for you again. I hope my tank can look that good someday.

Tank: 90 Gal SW Reef in the making

See my info for setup and inhabitant details:
afilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 08:19 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Addict

Man I literally was smiling reading your comments! You all are awesome and fellow hobbiest are what keeps me going. It is really rewarding to have you all like it and I am honored. Thanks.

The cause of the crash was that the heater busted in the sump. Now some my argue what may or may not have caused it, but I can tell you that it busted and was in the tank about 1 week before I noticed. I keep it where it's viewable in the front, but I didnt notice because the end had blown out. There was the chord which had stray voltage laying in the sump water as well. Many corals died very quickly and that didnt help matters.

About a week after the incident I felt the tank water and it was kinda cold. I reach in and go a little jolt, pulled the wire and the heater didnt come with it. I had done multiple water changes and the cause was still in there. It literally took 2 weeks for the water to clear and for example it took about 4 weeks for star polyps to open and come back.

It was devastating and I believe the xenia just added to the problem when it died along with all the other coral. Thank goodness I had a prop tank where I could drop some of the coral. I have yet to add some of the lr back that had mulitple colonies of dying xenia on it. They are still on the back porch...LOL! (man did they stink)

Anyway, there are small patches of xenia coming back. I will eradicate them. My tank has room for more sps. In all honesty I like my tank better now. The other was fuller, but not for long!!!

Thanks.

Old 12-10-2005, 07:41 AM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to StripesTheEel
Looks great rev, funny thing is after a tank crash it still looks x23049234 better than mine.. great to know you didnt give up!

well done!
StripesTheEel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 10:28 AM   #24
Moderator Emeritus

Look nice! I am planning a re-aquascape now
Old 12-11-2005, 07:06 AM   #25
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to greenmaji
the heater was nuts.. Ive never heard of one busting off at the cord like that.. very sad..
Exellent Rev., I love the purple tip frogspawn.. :P sweeet..
it looks like you have mostly polps and SPS now? are you going to try to stick with those?
for some reason Im currious what your water perams, flow and equipment are now.. but no need if you dont feel like it..
good luck
Old 12-11-2005, 12:41 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Freak

Wow, your corals are now superelectric corals. Hehe.

Welcome back. Didn't our fellow hobbyists post on your crash post that when your tank makes a comback, it will be much better? There it is! We are so happy for you, especially looking back at how bummed out you were when it crashed.

That's great!

You will definitely have a Merry Christmas this year. It's the time of birth, and your tank's rebirth. It's going to be much much more awesome. There are stuff all over there that are going to make the aquascape much more covered with beautiful stuff. Kudos!
Old 12-13-2005, 12:02 AM   #27
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Looks great rev, funny thing is after a tank crash it still looks x23049234 better than mine.. great to know you didnt give up!

well done!
LOL. I totally agree. Rev, I wish my tank "crashed" into a tank that looked like yours. It is absolutely beautiful.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:04 AM   #28
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:

well done!
LOL. I totally agree. Rev, I wish my tank "crashed" into a tank that looked like yours. It is absolutely beautiful.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:11 PM   #29
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via Yahoo to vsnsofadrgn
very beautiful tank.....can i ask what the background is, i mean, is the background painted, if so, with what, and if not what are you using???

hope dies last
vsnsofadrgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 11:45 PM   #30
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via Yahoo to ddcboys
Great tank!! You are a true inspiration for me to get back going again!

Tags
pic, pics, tan, tank crash

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com