**UPDATED** ID Please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boykin

Aquarium Advice Regular
I went out and got a new LR today, and it has a small calm on it but, hes in a hole and you really cant see him I was wondering if anyone knew of a safe way I could get him out and put him where he can grow better and be seen?

So I have found a few things in my tank that I'm kinda scared of the worms in the cup I have no idea what are and I'm hoping one of you will... I know the the red ones are fireworms, but as for the rest or them I'm not sure...are any of them good?( there are two pic. of the same worms and bug)

Also the anemone, I think is some kinds tube anemone...the picture on the left if the tube, and the one on the right is what he looks like when hes out... if you can ID him and you also tell me if hes good or bad because I have about3 more (smaller) on he same rock.

Attachments

• 2_593.jpg
    2_593.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 337
  • untitled_136.jpg
    untitled_136.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 22
What kind of clam is it? If it is a little white clam, he will be just happy as a "clam" to stay where he is. Can you get a pic?

It's hard to say exactly w/out a pic. Some clams are very difficult to remove without mortally damaging them(ie. tridacnid clams). They bore into rock and attach themselves w/ byssal threads. Separating them from the rock often rips the threads and damages the surrounding tissue, resulting in the death of the clam.

I really cant get a pic as of how... hes black but I will get a pic up soon

I think you might want to leave him where he is. As Matt said there could be complications.

I have lots and lots of little clams in my system...Some let go and move around and others stay where they are...most of these aren't the kind of clam that you want promenntly displayed in your tank, but they do add interest in the background. JMO...

I'm really sorry, I'm still kinda new to the SW terms so I really dont know what "JMO" means.

The little clam is fine.... I have herd they they dont live long in tanks though. So I'm just going to let him be

JMO = Just My Opinion. If you see something like that in a post that has dashes under it...you can float your curser/mouse over the letters and a box will pop up that tells you what it means. When your tank is better established the clams will survive..I have one that has been on a piece of LR that I got over a year ago...still kicking....I do put phytoplankton and filter feeder food into my reef though so that helps....

I believe it depends on which theme you have for this site.

lol sorry... yeah the abbreviations on my PC are orange...dont you just love our off topic convos....their great! :)

Back
Top Bottom