Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-18-2006, 10:08 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Updated pics of my 24 gal nanocube, taken 6-18-06

I've really been neglecting this tank lately. Work has been keeping me really busy. I need to find a way to keep it cooler. It got up to 86.5º the other day! Anyway, here are the pics. Let me know what you think. I normally have some grape coral on the top left but it fell and I didn't feel like puyting it back up for the pics.

PS - can someone tell me the proper name of the bubbly ricordea on the top center of my tank? I forgot what they were called.

Old 06-18-2006, 10:50 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to FishFrik
Nice tank! I love ur clam, ur hammer and ur goby! Great aquascaping too. I really really like how u got some green at the bottom. Those macros look great Fabulous clam!

Is ur goby aggressive? Has it give u any problem? im interested in purchasing one

Old 06-18-2006, 10:59 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

My goby is an absolute wuss.

I see my gramma chase my clown at times with its mouth wide open, but it seems harmless. I haven't noticed any nip marks and neither hide from one another.

30 gallon tall Eclipse II: 4 Praecox Rainbow Fish, 2 Australian Rainbowfish, 3 zebra snails, 2 Clown Loaches, 2 Congo Tetra, 2 Boesemani Rainbowfish, 1 Red Irian Rainbowfish, 1 Bronze Corydora, 1 Golden Panchax Killifish, 1 Aplocheilus lineolatus Killifish, 1 Common Pleco (~5 in.), 1 candystripe Pleco (~1 1/2 in.)

My online photos
illuminum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 12:04 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to FishFrik
Does ur goby live in a burrow? Does it sift the sand?

Sry for all the questions XD I saw some just this afternoon and their look is awesome. I didn't buy one cuz i wanted to make sure i don't get something troublesome hehe
Old 06-19-2006, 03:56 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Mine doesn't live in a burrow. It isn't paired up with a pistol shrimp either. I'm waiting for the lfs to get one that I like and in a good size too. I rarely ever see it sift the sand actually. It used to a tiny bit whne I just put it in but after a week or sohe would just eat the frozen formula one and frozen mysis I put in for the others.

30 gallon tall Eclipse II: 4 Praecox Rainbow Fish, 2 Australian Rainbowfish, 3 zebra snails, 2 Clown Loaches, 2 Congo Tetra, 2 Boesemani Rainbowfish, 1 Red Irian Rainbowfish, 1 Bronze Corydora, 1 Golden Panchax Killifish, 1 Aplocheilus lineolatus Killifish, 1 Common Pleco (~5 in.), 1 candystripe Pleco (~1 1/2 in.)

My online photos
illuminum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 12:56 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Get yourself a banded bullet goby...very calm....sand-sifting and fun to watch....the yellow-watchman goby is not a sand sifter but beautiful as well. HTH
Old 06-19-2006, 01:10 PM   #7
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to roka64 Send a message via Yahoo to roka64
Quote:
would just eat the frozen formula one and frozen mysis I put in for the others.
Sounds like my cleaner shrimp, they tend to get lazy and wait for food rather than do what they are supposed to! LOL!!

Try reducing feeding, he might sift again....

Questions loved, heeded advice greatly appreciated!

Vote for AA
Good reading about:
Nitrogen Cycle
Fishless Cycling
Need more help?
Articles
Acronym List

--Scott
roka64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cube, nano, nanocube, pics, updated

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com