Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-06-2010, 01:41 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

looks real good! How did you wire it? Is there wires from wall? Or is it a split cord?

Old 10-06-2010, 01:45 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Now for my super ghetto sump. The good thing is it didn't cost me anything and the filter sock prevents bubbles in the sump. Don't worry, this is VERY temporary It will be replaced after the lights. it does the job for now but. I needed to get this thing up cause I was getting compaints about the tank sitting in the formal living room cycling live rock for 2 months I don't know why.

Pic 1 - Yes my filter sock is held just below the rim of the sump with tie wraps. That is my Sicce 5.0 pump in the bottom right corner. It flows 1300 GPH but is far from silent. I would not recommend this pump in applications where noise is an issue. If I had it to do over again I would have gone with 2 mag 7's
Pic 2 - Yes that is what I call now a HOS (hang on sump) octopus skimmer. It works well and pulls some nasty stuff out of the H20 I had to rig an extension on the skimmer intake cause it has metric PVC and all I had was English. It is amazing what you can do with teflon tape
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM_2976.JPG
Views:	42
Size:	133.1 KB
ID:	25528   Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM_2981.JPG
Views:	50
Size:	136.3 KB
ID:	25529  

Old 10-06-2010, 01:50 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bige View Post
looks real good! How did you wire it? Is there wires from wall? Or is it a split cord?
It is wired from the wall. It is a separate 20 amp breaker. this is version 1.0. I have alot of work to do but I REALLY like the idea and versatility.

Tags
upgrade

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com