Upgrade Time (125 gal Freshwater to Saltwater)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
After talking with Greg I decided not to go with a laser to get rid of the the aptasia. I think I'm going with the Manjano wand that Greg recommended.

I've Got the wand the laser and the aptasia x ,... I like the x cuz it seems to do the job best for me

The laser was fun to use and would burn a hole thru paper at 3 feet and would burn your name on a cutting board ,it managed to work on the aquarium pest but you had to be steady and watch that the fish kept their distance , the wand works good but you gotta sizzle all of it or it'll seem to come back , the wand was a little cumbersome for me cuz it was hard to get into some tight areas ,..overall I think they prob all have their place but day in and day out I'd opt for the x at least for me , and yes re. Greg ,he is a smart cookie for sure

Thanks Dary I think I will try the x that I already have before looking into another solution. I may give it a go tonight in my 29 gallon. I'll let you know how it turns out.

If you are going to take the rock out, you might as well take a different and cheaper approach. I would either use super glue gel, a kalk paste, or even some coral 'putty' stuff to cover up the hole it resides in.

mines just as dark and rotten egg smelly
if your going to take out the rock try the butane torch approach it never fails

I changed the rodi catridges today and upgraded the system from a 4 stage to a 5 stage system. I also added a float valve to my container and a pressure valve to my sysrem so it will shut off automatically if I forget to turn the system off.

I changed the rodi catridges today and upgraded the system from a 4 stage to a 5 stage system. I also added a float valve to my container and a pressure valve to my sysrem so it will shut off automatically if I forget to turn the system off.

That is exciting! (you know you are an aquarium nerd if you think that)
Best thinking with the auto shut off.

Back
Top Bottom