Upgrade Time (125 gal Freshwater to Saltwater)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've been off line a few months, glad to see this progress as I'm checking back in! Have you made any new additions yet? I'm ready to see this tank come to life!!

Hi Sand dollar, welcome back. The only thing I have in there is my cleanup crew and a fire fish. I will be adding a few more fish in the next week.

I've been off line a few months, glad to see this progress as I'm checking back in! Have you made any new additions yet? I'm ready to see this tank come to life!!

first welcome back stranger :cool:

Barb the rock scape really caught my eye plenty of places to swim in and out of
can't wait to see it once corals start to take place . very sharp lay out I love seeing the creativity rather than a big pile of rock ,

sometime in near future Ill be tearing mine down to fix everything and maybe figure a way to get the pump off the floor of the sump as it sounds like a train , replace sand with black and design a new scape first got to find a cheap 60 temp housing tank (y)

I took some big pieces of rock out of the 40B and I was able to catch my female clown fish and transfered her to the 125. Now they are happily together.

I went to Petco today and bought 2 bangaii cardinals, 2 little cleaner gobies and a royal gramma. Yay!

I will wait about a week or two and maybe catch some of my other fish and put in there.

Ok guys I have a mushroom rock in my 40B that I wanted to try and transfer over to the 125 this weekend. Do you think that would be ok? Or should I wait the full 6 to 8 months before adding any coral.

Nice start barb. ... everything looking good ,... remember to go slow and enjoy the ride !

Good morning everyone. I am considering adding a backup battery to keep my reef alive during power outages. I need your opinions/thoughts on what is the best battery backup system to have for a reef controller?

Barb, I've got two battery backup gizmos on my system ,I've got the mp40 battery backup that they sell separately and is rather pricey and basically a computer backup battery also that I've got a couple of powerheads attached to,....once power goes out they go on but at a slower reduced pace,... all it's basically doing is keeping some flow going thru the tank for a few hours until power returns,...I've had to use them a couple of times in the past and I'm glad I had'em. I'm not too sure what you'll need but maybe that'll give you a idea or two.
They're not going to replace a generator and keep all you equipment running like nothing ever happened but it's better than nothing that's for sure.

Back
Top Bottom