Upgrade Time (125 gal Freshwater to Saltwater)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Barb,....I love my 'dc' skimmer ( although not the same brand ) it's nice to be able to throttle things up or down for fine tuning with just a touch of a button ,... Also most have a " feeding " button that will shut the skimmer off for a few minutes when feeding or when doing some maintenance .

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Thanks Dary. What brand do you have? I like the dc's to but most i have seen are way out of my price range.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have a " seaside aquatic " model That I stumbled upon at my lfs ,.. Doug ( mr x ) seemed to know all about them,.. Rather inexpensive for what you got but works incredibly well

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I'm loving my new jebao rw8's. Those rw15's should get that tank moving good. I've only got mine at half power.

Last weekend didn't get much occomplished. I had to babysit my grandkids all weekend.

Plans for this weekend clean out tank, get wood to replace floor in cabinet. I hope i can get that much done without any interuptions. Lol

I'm loving my new jebao rw8's. Those rw15's should get that tank moving good. I've only got mine at half power.

Im glad you really like them Paul. I cant wait to get mine although I wont be using them right away.

Has anyone ever connected two tanks to make a sump? If so would you be willing to share your experience with me? I have an idea of what to do but not sure of specifics.

It is pretty much the same concept, just double. Hate valve after both return pumps to ensure flow matches perfectly. I'd also want lots of extra room in case of a power outage for the water to go instead of overflowing.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I plan on using one pump which i have already. Its an older Mag pump with a Y to conect two return hoses.

Picked up the plumbing today to put together my durso standpipes. I want to work on putting those together this weekend.

I totally read that wrong. I thought you meant two different tanks being supplied by one sump.
It is pretty simple to set up a sump. The return needs to be slightly higher gallons per hour than the overflow. Then have the gate valve plumbed in after the return pump. Use the valve to restrict flow until the return matches the overflow.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

No Hank i meant two 20 gal long tanks connected to make one sump. Sorry i should have explained it further.

I did get some things accomplished today. I cleaned the rocks and wood that came out of my tank. I cleaned the three glass lids that go on top the tank. And most importantly i started cleaning the tank. Its actually a lot harder than i thought it would be. I need to get my sump done so i can run the vinigar and water throught the overflow boxes.

I also need to get my wood to replace the bottom piece in my cabinet so i can put my sump in the cabinet. This should be number one on my list of things to do.

Here is a picture of the tank. I am still working on cleaning it.

Attachments

• 1465821121727.jpg
    1465821121727.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 158
My RW15 power heads arrived yesterday. I ordered my skimmer today. More cleaning this weekend. Buying my wood for the cabinet today. Hopefully tomorrow or Sunday I can have my cabinet repaired a repainted.

Back
Top Bottom