Upgrade Time (125 gal Freshwater to Saltwater)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
finished painting the stand.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1467674402980.jpg
    1467674402980.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 141
  • 1467674417488.jpg
    1467674417488.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 178
OK I decided not to try and connect two tanks for my sump. Everything I read was mostly against it. If they were not against the idea they we're saying it's a lot of work unless, you are doing a basement sump.

I am limited by the size if my cabinet so I decided to order a trigger Ruby sump. Here is a pic of the one I ordered.

Attachments

• 1467754701032.jpg
    1467754701032.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 121
Nothing wrong with that ,... You'll have enough stuff going on with getting everything else up and running as it is,.... Ok , ( in my own immortal words ) " next project " :)

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Still have to get the tank cleaned really good before I can put anything in it. The first pass didn't get all the stuff off.

that stand looks great ! Sump looks awesome too , you know your making me jealous
can't wait to see it once you get everything set up .

Barb,..maybe I missed something along the way but how many gallons does this sump hold and what's the plan for a return pump ?

Barb,..maybe I missed something along the way but how many gallons does this sump hold and what's the plan for a return pump ?

The sump holds 34.5 gallons and the return pump is the original mag drive that I bought with the tank. The Mag drive has dual output connections to hook up two return hoses. Is something wrong? Did I pick the wrong sump?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

No no no ,...you're fine ,...just trying to get a feel of what's going on over there .... You seem very methodical in your approaches

Only the dual output seems a little strange but I guess it's all depending on how you set it up on the top section that counts ,... I'm just following the ride like everybody else,... My aquarium has kinda hit the doldrums , nothing new ( besides a new mag 7 ) and just seems to be just idling along ( yawn )

You have so much patience! I can't wait to see the outcome, but I know it will be worth the wait with all the time, work and research you are putting into it!

Only the dual output seems a little strange but I guess it's all depending on how you set it up on the top section that counts ,... I'm just following the ride like everybody else,... My aquarium has kinda hit the doldrums , nothing new ( besides a new mag 7 ) and just seems to be just idling along ( yawn )

Thanks Dary. I don't think you can find the dual outputs on the Mag drives any more. I'm just hoping it still works, it's been sitting in my garage for several years.

Your tank is beautiful and you have done so much exterior work with the wood surround and port holes which I love by the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom