Upgrade Time (125 gal Freshwater to Saltwater)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bdonaldson

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a 125 gal. Freshwater planted tank that i am switching over to saltwater. I will have to sell off my fish and plants. I also have to do some work on the cabinet like replacing the bottom board and repainting the whole cabinet. Soooo excited...........

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks Sean. Its going to be a slow change over but im looking forward to it.

I'm following! Can't wait to see how this big tank turns out :D

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Well im hoping to get rid of all my stock within the next few weeks. Then i can clean the tank out good work on my stand and create a sump for it. It mostly us going to depend on how long it takes to get this part accomplished.

How big of a sump would i need for this 125 gallon tank?

As big as will fit in your stand is your best bet

A 40 breeder would probably work well if you can fit it!

As big as will fit in your stand is your best bet

Yea BigRed that is going to be a challenge. I will have to messure

the inside if my stand for sure.

A 40 breeder would probably work well if you can fit it!

Hey Brian. I dobt think a 40 breeder will fit. I think it will be to wide for my stand. That would be great though.

I had an idea but not sure if it would work. I thought about connecting 2 20 gallon long tanks via bulk heads. Do you all think this would work?

Yea that would work, I have seen some configurations like that, and plan to do the same thing with two 30s. Fortunately mine are acrylic so cutting the holes won't be an issue. I have not done it but have heard cutting glass is easy.

Yea that would work, I have seen some configurations like that, and plan to do the same thing with two 30s. Fortunately mine are acrylic so cutting the holes won't be an issue. I have not done it but have heard cutting glass is easy.

Yes it is easy. Just get a really good hole saw for glass, keep the water hose on it and let the bit do the work. A good glass bit is definitely not cheap tho.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Cutting glass is very easy. Just let the weight of the drill do the work. Dont put a lot of pressure on it. Due to the cold weather i did mine in my living room with a bottle of water and a towel on the floor.

Back
Top Bottom