Upgrade Time!! 40B build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A little update here. Unfortunately, the midas jumped :( I think my wife was more upset than I was. I'll make a screen top and get another one soon.

I did get a black clown, and a pink spotted watchman. He's a blast. The kids call him "scooter" because of how he swims along the bottom.

I added a Reef Octopus 110SSS skimmer in the sump, and HOLY MOLY does that thing kick all sorts of butt. Well worth every single penny and then some.

I'm waiting on a nice rose BTA from the LFS, and then we'll see what else I can stick in the tank. I don't want to overload it, so I'm being super picky about what I'm putting in there. I'd like to find something (non-sessile) that can go in the overflow box. It's clear acrylic, though some coralline is starting to grow on it. It would be cool to make use of the space in there, too, but without reducing the flow.

That's too bad. I had one jump out when cleaning the tank and didn't notice until too late. :(
The one I have now bangs around against the top at least a few times a week,
a cover is an absolute must for these guys.

I put a piece of barnacle in there right near the front of the tank and sure enough he calls it home now, so I always get a show whenever I go near the tank....LOL

Yeah, I was bummed. He was beautiful, and a complete goofball the way he would swim all over the place. It was great to watch him. My project for this weekend is a screen top.

Picked this up today..it's about 2.5 inches right now :)

63298-albums14261-picture69886.jpg

Picked this up today..it's about 2.5 inches right now :)

63298-albums14261-picture69886.jpg

Noooo that's the one from pacific east right???? I was just in there store yesterday and man that thing is beautiful!! Awesome grab

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yep, that's the one :) haha..sorry. It's shipping Monday, and I'll have it Tuesday.

Yep, that's the one :) haha..sorry. It's shipping Monday, and I'll have it Tuesday.

No I'm glad you got it! It is gorgeous in person. So dang pink. Really nice looking nem

I'll have to make sure my wife sees these comment haha. She OK'ed the purchase (actually "forced" me to buy it), but was leery that it wouldn't look the same in person. Thanks for the compliments :)

they call it a hot pink rock anemone. the wife went bonkers over it, cuz...pink.

It's my first nem, the tank is coming along well, super stable water params...

It's a rock flower nem which are definitely some of the easier nems to care for

I feel like a kid before Christmas, haha. I can't wait for this to get here. I know it'll look rough at first, but I'm excited.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It arrived today...looked a little rough at first, but after acclimation, opened nicely and appears healthy.

They shipped it on a half a scallop shell, and that's how I put it in the tank. Should I try to get it off of the shell, or let it move on it's own?

He (or she...how can you tell?) seems pretty content where i put it. It's opened all the way up, a little more than 2 inches wide right now...

The rock 'nem is doing awesome :)

I've also added two firefish, a sailfin blenny, and a diamond watchman (my pink spot died in a tunnel collapse :( ). Everyone is happy any healthy.

Current stock:
4x Azure Damsels
2x clowns (1 fancy, 1 black and white)
2x firefish
1x yellow diamond goby
1x sailfin blenny
2x skunk cleaners
1x blue coral banded shrimp
1x rock flower anemone
2x anemone shrimp
handful of red tip hermits

Corals:
2 HUGE Duncan colonies
1 large acan lord colony
1 large pink hammer
1 large torch
1 massive frogspawn colony
1 monti cap
2 Kenya tree
1 pink tip birdsnest
1 purple birdsnest

I'm going to have to frag the Duncans and the frogspawn. Nervous because I've never done it before though....

Back
Top Bottom