Upgrading

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DFost

Aquarium Advice Regular
It's added some new lighting, an anemone, a few corals, and more live rock in my 2 tanks over the last few weeks. First pictures are the 75 with new SHPS 400w light running it at 50% and one actinic bulb with the anemone and few corals in it the other pictures are the 55 with just more rock and a 50/50 bulb with it being fish only. Thinking about moving up to just one larger tank and combining. I would be running it off a 55 gallon sump I'm building allowing me to part with 2 large canisters one a fx5 the other roughly a 500+ gph canister, I also currently added a 1/4 HP chiller and medusa temperature controller along with a 32w UV sterilizer anticipating a target tank upgrade. Also have emperor 400 hob on each tank along with canisters so I figure the cost of a larger tank will easily be covered by the sale of all the equipment I will not be using once the conversion is complete. Any suggestions from people who have done a larger tank conversion combining 2 setups they already had?

Forgot to attach the pics

Attachments

• image-2305754286.jpg
    image-2305754286.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 76
  • image-2168290720.jpg
    image-2168290720.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 68
  • image-3002787075.jpg
    image-3002787075.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 100
  • image-462896540.jpg
    image-462896540.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 92
Both tanks I pretty much started off the same, used the all around largest pieces all spaced out across the tank as much as possible then used "shelf" like pieces to span the gaps then built up and around creating as many different size caves as possible for fish to hide as I have fish from tiny to medium sized including a few gobies a few wrasses and a pair of tangs so I knew hiding soots would be key and for the last few months it has been successful just keep everything well fed and plenty of hiding and haven't had much if any conflicts, other than that only other thing I can think of is I used quite a bit of rock to say the least lol more money in LR than anything at this point but then again just starting into corals so I'm sure that will change quick

Back
Top Bottom