Upgrading in July - but buying now.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So what light fixture would you recommend for a 6' tank?
3 x 250 watt halides, or 16 x 39 watt t-5s, or a quality LED fixture. i'm not familiar with many of them but i notice, that the ones that boast "lots of light" or something vague like that are not enough for most corals.
you will want to ask some folks that have experience with LEDs for the correct fixture to get. i would also make sure the fixture is UL listed.

BillyD918 said:
I would really like some more opinions on what size tank would be best if i wanted a 6' tank. And also, the best place to buy from?

I'm guessing you want tangs right?;) go to Craigslist isaw one a month ago for 100$ and was a full setup 150gal. Too bad my house has too many tanks already

from, Adam

I'm guessing you want tangs right?;) go to Craigslist isaw one a month ago for 100$ and was a full setup 150gal. Too bad my house has too many tanks already

from, Adam

Ya my g/f wants a Blue Hippo Tang so to satisfy her I get a bigger tank so im not complaining lol...

BillyD918 said:
Ya my g/f wants a Blue Hippo Tang so to satisfy her I get a bigger tank so im not complaining lol...

Haha love it. Your a lucky man...

from, Adam

Nows The time to tell her how beautiful corals are and that she would love a
Reef tank and possibly a frag tank lol

from, Adam

Nows The time to tell her how beautiful corals are and that she would love a
Reef tank and possibly a frag tank lol

from, Adam

oh shes already picking out some corals she wants but she wants the fish and i want the corals lol so i think its a good deal :)

BillyD918 said:
oh shes already picking out some corals she wants but she wants the fish and i want the corals lol so i think its a good deal :)

Wow. You are sooooooo lucky

from, Adam

3 x 250 watt halides, or 16 x 39 watt t-5s, or a quality LED fixture. i'm not familiar with many of them but i notice, that the ones that boast "lots of light" or something vague like that are not enough for most corals.
you will want to ask some folks that have experience with LEDs for the correct fixture to get. i would also make sure the fixture is UL listed.

Hey X if you were getting a new 125 what equipment would you buy no matter the price? Including lights, skimmer, and pumps?

Billy,

I was just re-reading back through the posts and you mentioned going to the gulfarium for liverock. Make sure you do, because they have the best prices on liverock anywhere. $1.80-$2.00 Lb. for good liverock w/ lots of coralline algae. Cant beat it.

Billy,

I was just re-reading back through the posts and you mentioned going to the gulfarium for liverock. Make sure you do, because they have the best prices on liverock anywhere. $1.80-$2.00 Lb. for good liverock w/ lots of coralline algae. Cant beat it.

Ya I was looking at their website and some of the pics they posted of LR were just covered in corraline algae nice and purplish! I might have to go this weekend to start scoping things out lol...

a word of advice- don't buy rock by the color, buy it by the porousness and shape. color comes and goes. coralline is not a big deal and can grow in any tank with average lighting and parameters.

a word of advice- don't buy rock by the color, buy it by the porousness and shape. color comes and goes. coralline is not a big deal and can grow in any tank with average lighting and parameters.

ok cool thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom