Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-04-2004, 11:08 AM   #11
AA Team Emeritus

Watts per gallon is not a good way to determne how much light you need, in all likelyhood, without par readings it is kind of a case by case basis. With what you have and what you plan to add, there are many coral you can keep and some of the more light demanding corals and clams might be possible in the upper potion of your tank

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 12:16 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak

Ok. So in terms of corals i can keep, i am thinking mushrooms, leather coral, polyps i am sure there are more but i dont know what they are! LOL. I would appreciate any suggestions!

Old 05-05-2004, 01:31 PM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

I am using that same light on my 75 gal with good results. I have mushrooms, star polyps, brown polyps, green polyps, a finger leather frag, a couple zoo frags and a xenia. I have 6 more simlar type frags I should get next week.

I want a halide fixture but don't have $500+ to spend on one. I need to see if there is a way to build one cheaper than that.

But for that fixture, it is pretty nice. The buy it now used to be cheaper though. They seem to be more popular now.

HTH
Old 05-06-2004, 12:29 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

Thanks for all the advice! I think i will leave my NO in with an actinic and 10k. I also saw some plate coral ant my lfs! It was awesome! Can i keep that with the PC lighting? Is it possible that my pink skunk would bond with it? Also i know i should probably get a kit to test stuff for reef. can any one reccomend an all around good kit i could buy?
Thanks!!

Tags
light, lighting, upgrading

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com