Upgrading - need advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chris stevens

Aquarium Advice Regular
Upgrading to a 120 gallon (from 55) system this spring, need a little advice on a couple things. What would you guys recommend for a protein skimmer and a freshwater top off system? I'm using an aquac remora right now and want to upgrade. Want to stay under $400, but want good reliable skimming. Going for a powered top off system, not gravity fed. The sump will be about 30g, and both sump and freshwater reservoir will be contained in the stand. I'm leaning towards an external protein skimmer. I'm going to get my tank from aquariumsource.com (48x24x24), and my sump/water reservoir from glasscages.com. Anyone used aquariumsource.com? (I've heard the complaints about glasscages, but not too worried for sump purposes) thanks folks

bullet makes nice skimmers as do euro reef for large tanks. i wouldnt recomend a ventri style tho on a tnak that size. as for top off personlly if i wasnt going to add water daily id go gavity feeddiy systems. i cant rly think of a top off pump feed system off the top of my head.

Back
Top Bottom