Upgrading to reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Start with a RODI unit even before you think about lighting, It should be the first piece of equipment you purchase. A lot of people think that it is just an extra and dumping chemicals in your tap water to make it usable is the way to go. But its not, start out right. Second most important thing you need is patience, Keep in mind it will be 6-8 weeks after you put water in for tank to cycle, and then only add 1 fish very 1-2 weeks. Also note that salt water is a lot different then fresh for as many fish you can keep in a tank. You will be limited to 4-6 small to medium fish, and NO tangs. :)

Taotronics do come with dual LED which are daylight and actinic and dimmable.

Aquarium LED lights 120W Black Dimmable 55x3 watt

When I said that I think they only come in 1 color version, I meant that I think they all come with blue/white. I've never seen any that are all white or all blue. And they usually have 2 switches, so they can be run separately too. I've heard they're good lights. They exterior box can be black or white, depending on what you like. :)

Back
Top Bottom