Urchin question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lynds_c86

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I've had my 20 gallon for a while now and I've got a purple urchin 2 black clowns a neon gobie and a purple fire fish.also a few turbo snails and blue leg crabs. I've lost 2 pepermint shrimp for mysterious reasons and this morning my firefish was dead and I can't find my gobie. My water was tested not too long ago and it wasn't really anything wrong with it. I don't know what could be killing things and tje only reason I can come up with would be my urchin but I dnt even know if they sting and kill fish like this I'm at a loss. And I'm worried for my coral. Can any one help I'm all ears

The urchin didn't have anything to do with it. I suspect a water condition problem. Temperature swings can also be an issue. Calcium levels are critical for the shrimp. Acclimation of the fish and the source of the fish can also control your survival rates. Need current water quality numbers. I would also suggest a water change.

Sorry for the delayed reply. A tornado ripped through Alabama and I lost power for four days.

Well I've found bristle worms n the tank along with some really small shrimp like creatures n my tank that came n on the LR so I'm wondering if that killed the dish too. M going this weekend to get water tested again

We support emergency rescue teams and they have been all over your area lately, Mississippi and Illinois as well. Stay safe.

Back
Top Bottom