Urgent but brief question - polluted change out water?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fourmyclowns

Aquarium Advice Activist
Not sure how to handle this?

I am in the process of mixing 12 gallons of r o into seawater for changeing on Sunday. My toddler just lifted the lid of the mix container threw in three empty but dirty plastic drinking cups. One cup recently had juice in it. That it's a ratio of 12 gallons to probably a half teaspoon or less of juice . Do I need to throw it out and start all over? I have been so cautious with him and the changewater but if there's a WILL there's a Way when it comes to onery toddlers!

Okay I dumped it .....bummer... It wasn't the cost I was worried about but the effort my husband put into getting it and now will have to return and haul home some more for me. After reading the replies I agreed I'd dump it and was less observant and then my little stinker told me he put a "juicy drink in tank" and what do you know he threw another empty juice container in there! My usual routine is to mix, watch it for a few hours then pump it back into the small containers so there isn't a 55 gal can of water sitting out overnight inviting my toddler to go for a "swim". Guess we have to come up with a safer way now!

Back
Top Bottom