Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-12-2013, 09:28 PM   #31

I'm sorry people it's just another manic Monday oao, lol

Old 08-12-2013, 09:52 PM   #32
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivanthegod View Post
S*it can I just use some marihuana instead of nori?
nori is cheaper, just smoke some nori

Old 08-12-2013, 09:56 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gti_Leo View Post
nori is cheaper, just smoke some nori
Noooo for the fish,? May be a vaporizer hooked to an air pump would work!
Old 08-12-2013, 09:57 PM   #34
Aquarium Advice Addict

Too bad you guys took this too far lol. If it were clean (meaning weedless) using ones urine is the same as doing a fish in cycle. We did that for years. Do you think the BB knows the difference between Damsel urine and human urine? I can testify, it doesn't. In the old days, long before live rock was part of the hobby, some of my friends would throw big parties to celebrate their new large tanks. The price to come to the party was a jar with a "sample". It was just easier than trying to catch 50 damsels sometime down the road after the tank cycled. It worked like a charm, every time.
Gross? maybe, if you're a prude. lol Urea is urea. So put down the doobie and drink a lot of water to clean out your system. Grab a 6 pack of beer ( another natural source) and help a buddy start cycling their tank
Old 08-12-2013, 10:00 PM   #35

Dang what if its a mix?
Old 08-12-2013, 10:02 PM   #36

I love all off you Aquarists
Old 08-12-2013, 10:13 PM   #37
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivanthegod View Post
Dang what if its a mix?
A mix of what? lol I'm not sure what the effects would be if you mixed pot laced urine with "regular". I just know the beer one worked like a charm. (I went to a lot of those parties and paid my fees ) Since I was in charge of testing the water for one of those tanks during the cycle, I saw it all work. I doubt many stores would subscribe to this tactic as they need to sell product but you can supply your own if you don't want to spend the money. Just remember, the more impure the urine is, the stinkier your tank will smell. If you eat asparagus or drink coffee, you know what I mean.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:39 PM   #38
Aquarium Advice Addict

I piss red bull! My cousin wanted to pee in my tank I was going to kick his $@&! I would say no it's like putting your hand in a toilet !!!
Old 08-12-2013, 11:04 PM   #39
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I mixed some sour with some purple my cal 450,mag 1360, alk 8.0 should of did this long time. Just added more pee phosphate went down.
Old 08-12-2013, 11:07 PM   #40
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Fishy View Post
I piss red bull! My cousin wanted to pee in my tank I was going to kick his $@&! I would say no it's like putting your hand in a toilet !!!
But it's okay if your fish and inverts piss and crap in the tank? That's not like in a toilet? lol Filters don't remove that stuff out of the water, they just contain it in another part of the tank. Until the bb convert it all or you change your filter pads, you are sticking your hands in an actively running toilet. It's just the fish's toilet. You don't believe me? Think about this: What do you do in a toilet?.... you urinate, defecate and vomit. What do fish (saltwater fish I mean) do in their tank?.... eat, urinate, defecate and vomit.
Still don't believe me? Think about this: what is a fish in cycle? It is using the waste material of the fish to cycle the tank. What is the waste material? Urine/urea and feces. OOPS, the same material you put in a toilet.

Let's go even further, say you do a fishless cycle, You are still putting your hands in a toilet once you put the fish in. No matter how you slice it, the tank can be considered the same as a toilet. It's just that you can't see the urine without testing and fish poop is small in a small fish so it's less objectionable. lol

As far as using Red Bull pee, I don't know what effect that would have but it might keep your fish up all night or really hyperactive

Now, aren't you sorry someone started this thread? lol

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com