Used IM 60 or 80?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Autumnsky

Site Team
Either of these are in the ball park of size for a lagoon type style tank build. although neither is perfect either would be fine. $ is a factor and this price range would be good as include the stand. So maybe money later for a better light?

Today have the option of buying used

Innovative Marine SR 80 (gallon) price just reduced to $350 comes with the 48" x 24 x 16" tank and stand with some small amount of water damage at the bottom no leaks. No extras available there.
https://denver.craigslist.org/for/d/aquarium-fish-tank-innovative/6656941218.html

Or a IM SR 60 (gallon) $400 comes with tank and stand 36" x 24" x 16" tall
but would offer less or ask for more accessories, has a bunch.
Also comes with screen top. Tank looks in good condition but says a couple scratches.
Includes (1) large mag float, (2) custom caddy, (2) Fish guards, (2) Sicce Syncra Silent 1.5, bracket and filter socks.

Also has a non HD Hydra 52 for sale for $225 incl. rails and tank mount.
https://denver.craigslist.org/for/d/reef-tank-and-equipment-price/6657694647.html

Thoughts? Is the extra 20 worth the extra trouble of the weight and size to move?

I have a 48" Orbit Marine light with ramp pro which came on another tank, I haven't used yet. but was looking at adding some additional lights

Waiting to hear back from both parties for a time to see them and the 80 was the one I has been oogling for 1500 on sale new at the lfs - not that I would have bought it as that price is out of my budget, though one can gawk at them and wait for it to come up online for MUCH less.

Just wondering. Since its CL, one never knows until you pay and drive away if you got the deal or not anyway. The 80 tank has been sitting there at the 650 and 500 price for a couple months. I woulda bought it last month if the stand didn't have any damage.

I really didn't ever think I'd actually keep a tank that size, though the huge tanks of 200+G are always a wonder to see when kept nicely. ;)

This would make me learn about skimmers and reactors and electronic gadgets :eek:

Spoke with the 80G guy and someone is going to look at it in the early afternoon, if he doesn't show up I will go get it - like 1 hour away drive. Yay!

But to hedge my bet, I will still set up time to see the other one which is in a nearby area to the other.

Got both appointments in one day. Saw the smaller tank much nicer in regards to being cleaned up and extras, but there were a great number of scratches.

Soooooooo.......

I bought the slightly dirty and dusty tank did come with a screen top and an acrylic accent for the stand. Stand has some water damage but it is on the doors where the kalkwasser tube popped off and was dosing in the inside of the stand for a time. It looks good otherwise, a scratch where there was a powerhead, just gonna put one there again.

The hobbyist selling the 60 was a great guy, and I went back and bought the ...no, not the tank, lol. The Fullsize Ghost Skimmer with extra impeller. Got a measured portion 80G tank sized of high density GFO and of carbon and the GFO reactor.

All really clean and in excellent condition. Plus a bag of free stuff and a pretty cool frag bi color Hammer coral I will have to ask its name Toxic something.

Used but really clean filter socks because there weren't any, so I could at least get it rolling. Some extra live rock about 15 lbs or ???lbs, can't tell because its in a bucket of water.

Wow, an 80G tank! I really wanted the smaller one too for a 60G PRL shrimp tank, :angel:

More on the tank in a new build thread.

Now, which kind of substrate, Hawaiian Black or Fiji or Bimini Pink, might also depend on what it will cost me too, I'm all about a deal, lol.

I always wanted the black sand in my reef. I finally did it with this one. I'll tell you now that it can be beautiful, but it shows every single speck of not sand on it.

I have the Hawaiian Black sand in the 12G nano but it is covered with rock and frags, so I really can't tell. :/ It is with a white stand so I felt that the combo was a nice contrast to the white stand/ black sand.

Doesn't the light tan, pink, or white sand all show every speck of poo and not sand too? I feel it is a no win situation there.

As an odd thing, I have presently Garnet sand in my 6.6G Edge nano and also pretty much covered with rocks and things but forgiving with light and dark specs of sand too. Here is an example.
60074-albums14597-picture71211.jpg

Here is the other thread for the new tank build don't recall if I already posted it.
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...nd-lagoon-style-build-366664.html#post3507977

Back
Top Bottom