I have a light, canister filter, PVC
tubes for hiding, power head, thermometer. I change 5 gal
every other day. I also sacrificed a couple of pieces of LR
to put in there. The only problem has been not being able to view them well but they have been in there for 6 weeks, eat good and seem fine. By the time I realized I was dealing with velvet, I was just trying to get them out of the display as soon as possible because my fish were dying 2 or 3 a day. I saved a watchman gobie, sailfin tang, long nosed hawk, and a panther grouper. My scooter blenny didn't make it but I was prepared for that because of the bare environment. As you know, salinity will not affect velvet so I will quarantine with copper. It was 3 weeks after the addition of a kole tang that the symptoms started but it took me a couple days to diagnose it.