Using ozonizer without ORP controller( in reef tank)- ok?
This is how I plan to connect Coralife ozonizer to my 90 gallon reef tank.
The dosage will be 3mg/10gallons (max dosage for the ozonizer I have) .
It will be connected to the venturi port of my BakPak2 skimmer.
I was told that the usual dosage is around 5mg/10 gallons, but that is all I have right now, so I hope 3mg/10 gallons will still be somewhat sufficient.
I was also told that since I connect the ozonizer to venturi of skimmer, I really should not worry about passing water through carbon, because one will react by the time water goes to the main tank.
The main question I ponder is can I do without ORP controller for a few months?
Especially since the dosage is way less than the recommended average.
So the questions that remain are:
- Should I run the ozonizer all the time?
- What are some overdose symptoms in fish and inverts that I should keep an eye on?
- Will 3mg/10 gallons still be beneficial?
- Is it possible for the ORP to be too high?
- And finally will ozone take out any essential trace elements, such as iodine, calcium, strontium, magnesium etc… that I should increase supplementation of?