Using tap water to move

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hondatek

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I have a fowlr tank. I have to move this Friday into my first home. I was thinking of buying a brute trash can to mix 50 gallons of saltwater at my new place so I don't have to transport all 75 gallons there. I already have constant brown sand that won't go away so I'm not worried about it causing algae and of course I would prime the water and let it mix for about 6 hours. So how many think this is an ok option ? How many think it's a bad idea? Thanks

Hondatek said:
So I have a fowlr tank. I have to move this Friday into my first home. I was thinking of buying a brute trash can to mix 50 gallons of saltwater at my new place so I don't have to transport all 75 gallons there. I already have constant brown sand that won't go away so I'm not worried about it causing algae and of course I would prime the water and let it mix for about 6 hours. So how many think this is an ok option ? How many think it's a bad idea? Thanks

IMO it is a bad idea.You will be starting out with who knows what chemicals in your tank from the city,county,water supply.Your algae problem will just become worse to.You would be better off getting a RoDi unit and use it first at your new home to make water,if possible.

I wish I could get a ro unit but unfortunately with all the moving expenses i can afford it . I'll just lug all the water I guess.

Back
Top Bottom