UV Sterilier

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Charlie

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm thinking of ordering a UV sterilizer for my 46gal reef. I'd like to kill off some of the algae cells and any harmful pathogens that may be in my water.

I have lost a few fish for no apparent reason. Water parameters are good and I don't have any large/aggressive fish, crabs or other critters that would be killing my fish.

Any thoughts on the UV?

I have one and I love it to death. IMO I think all tanks should have one. But that is not popular opinion here. DUCK :splat: Keep in mind that they only kill free floaters that go thru the chamber.

Have one one each of my tanks that I want to keep looking good and disease free.
The theory behind them is sound if properly implemented.

Do you guys have any recommendations? I buy most of my stuff from liveaquaria.com but have bought from others.

(46gal reef)

One other question - Does anyone use a UV on their QT. It would make sense to me.

I love the turbo twist. It wraps around in a circle and allows more time under light for a higher kill ratio.

Just keep in mind that a UV only is not the answer. Yes they are good but combined with PWC`s,every other day feedings and testing of top off water and PWC water you will nip it in the bud and you will cut off the source of bad algeas. Good Luck.

Back
Top Bottom