Vacation feeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mark0716

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I will be on vacation for one week in early April and for two weeks in September. I hoping to get some ideas as to the best way to feed the fish while I'm gone. Automatic feeders? Slow-release tablets?

Is there someone you can trust to come over and feed the fish? What about water top-offs?

I guess auto feeders would be your best options but i've heard horry stories that the auto feeder malfunctioned and dumped all the food into the water. Some say that the fishs will survive ok if they are not fed for one week.

I get trusted neighbor and measure out the food in dixie cups, mark the cups with the date to be fed and put them in the fridge.
Along with several buckets of top off water and an emergency instruction sheet which includes my LFS phone.

Also check to see if there are any clubs or organizations in your area - there's a reef keper's club here that offers GREAT advice, support and frag swaps.

In the past I have used a 5 gallon Kent doser for toping off and one of those round-a-matic auto feeders for up to a week. 2 weeks may be pushing it depending on how much evaporation you have.

Back
Top Bottom