Vacation n reef tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Emelinda76

Aquarium Advice Freak
I plan on going away for four days.. Do u think I should Leave someone in charge of the tank?

How long can the fish go without eating?

If you feed before you leave I think everything would be fine lots of people only feed every few days anyway

Fish can go two weeks without eating but I would not try that. I would think that they would be OK for 4 days though. If you do still have someone coming over though and you are afraid they might over feed you can always put right amount in baggies or fill up an ice cube tray and put the right amont in the cubes and freeze. Get your sitter to just put the right amount of cubes in the tank. As the cube thaws it will release the right amount into the tank. But if no sitter they will make it 4 days.

I think more important than feeding is keeping the tank topped off. You might want to have someone check on that too if you don't have an ATO.

joy13 said:
I think more important than feeding is keeping the tank topped off. You might want to have someone check on that too if you don't have an ATO.

What's ATO?

when i went on vacation to myrtle beach a few weeks ago i didnt have my brother feed just top it off but since then ive installed a sump

hackteck: how long were you gone? I'm planning on 7 day trip so I'm curious because there's no1 I can trust

Back
Top Bottom