valentini puffer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Darylb

Aquarium Advice Addict
Can some one give me some info on this fish like tank requirments and stuff also pics would be nice

One of my favourite fish, they need a 30 gallon or larger. I kept one with a couple of clowns and shrimp with no issues but apparently they do get worse with age. You will need to feed them food with a shell on so that they care wear down their teeth.

Attachments

• image-2481877161.jpg
    image-2481877161.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 493
  • image-3989512603.jpg
    image-3989512603.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 205
I have one in my 40 gallon and he's cool. Only bothers sps coral and I'm assuming he bites them to grind his beak down so I've taken the sps out and only have lps and softies. Cute little fish...

I'd be wary of coral I've heard success stories and some where the puffer has ruined a reef as I was asking around a lot when I bought mine.

They are great fish, need minimum of 30g tank as they do alot of swimming and like to explore. Mine seems to nip at snails but he never messes with and of my LPS but goes after SPS and some of my snails. They leave shrimp, hermit crabs, and some fast snails alone but will attack slow moveing snails and my emerald crabs.

They will eat frozen brine and squid, mostly any meaty foods given. Krill is a big hit too. Make sure to add some snails and supermarket clams for them to pick on as their beaks will get over grown and prevent them to eat.

Tank mates can be anything really non aggresive, they are not very aggresive as i stated but are very curious. They have great personalities and will watch you from inside the tank even from a few feet away! (4-5)

Good luck!

image-557841911.jpg

image-1908146052.jpg

image-1784401762.jpg

Ya I have a baby pepermint shrimp and he hasn't touched it. Doesn't go after the cuc either, pretty mellow fellow...

Ya I have a baby pepermint shrimp and he hasn't touched it. Doesn't go after the cuc either, pretty mellow fellow...

The only time mine went after any inverts was my maze brains and my 2 turbo snails, i have a cleaner shrimp and he lets him go to work lol

I think a H.bass matches the pattern on the puffer, i want a H.bass but never go myself to buying one as i dont really like them any more.

Aw okay is there any other like unique fish i can put in a 55 reef i want differnt looking ones

I had a mimic valentine puffer, he looks pretty similar and is reef safe. Thats why i got him instead of a real valentine puffer

Live aquaria has info on them. Mine looked very similar to that except when he swam he looked just like the real puffer with his tail "collapsed" and curled. Pretty cheap too.

Attachments

• image-2995188060.jpg
    image-2995188060.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 128
Live aquaria has info on them. Mine looked very similar to that except when he swam he looked just like the real puffer with his tail "collapsed" and curled. Pretty cheap too.

One weird freaking fish! Looks like an mutant compared to the real one lol!

Eehh i dont think they look that much different. Clearly one is a mimic but its still cool. This is mine

Attachments

• image-3218181648.jpg
    image-3218181648.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 129
Back
Top Bottom