Various kinds of Copepods?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Masterplan75

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Would anyone by chance know what kind of copepod i have in my tanks i know i shoudl supply a picture but i dont have a camera that can get a clear up close picture... they look like mini versions of a mantis shrimp.. kinda long, skinny, crawling around my live rock and i've seen them move kinda like a mantis shrimp where they will be moving forward and then back up into a hole... also i have seen a type of slug / worm at first i thought it was an air bubble but it moves like a slug on the back walls i figured it was just some sort of marine slug... are these good or bad?? i will try to get my camera to work and get some pictures posted but so far have been unsucesssful getting a close up clear picture of one..

thanks..

thanks so much it turns out they match identically too

AMPHIPODS
hhgood.jpg

Amphipods are little "bugs" you may see scurrying about your live rock - especially after lights out.
These little critters are beneficial scavengers and are very common. For more info... Amphipods

Back
Top Bottom