Venting Shipping woes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aztlan

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi guys, just wanted to vent some steam off. I ordered a wet dry filter from Dr. Foster Smith late December. I received it within 10 days from UPS, I opened the package and found a spider web crack on the acrylic sump. I called Customer Service they agreed to send me a replacement
asap. They said I should get it with 2-4 days. I got in 3 days, Fedex dropped it off today, the box looks like they dropped off a 5 story building
and then they played soccer with it. I opened it up and found a huge crack running down the back of the sump.
The first wet/dry is still at my work, waiting to be picked up. Which UPS has not picked up yet. They refuse to take it. Without UPS label.
Customer service keeps telling me the UPS guy will bring his on label.
Now I got two broken wet dry flters, they said they will send me another one, but double boxed with better padding. But they want at least to have one of the filters on the way back to them. Before they ship another one.

My tank is just empty waiting for a non broken wet/dry :( :evil:

really? i have only had good luck with them. i think i would be more fedex then dr. fosater and smith. I hope my light dose not get the same treatment.

I know, but twice from two different shippers UPS & Fedex. Package does not have enough padding.

I have received 3 other shipments from them. They were all perfect, not a scratch.

This is why I don't mind paying an extra ~20% for stuff at my LFS. No shipping charges delays or damage. If I decide I don't like it I can drive a few minutes and take it back. Plus my money stays local :)

I ordered my Custom Sea Life PC light fixture from Drs Fosters and smith and it was here in 4 days and was in perfect condition!

I've been ordering dry goods from the drs (form. pet warehouse) for 10 yrs now & never had a problem. I did have a shipping issue with the liveaquaria aquaria portion of their business.
If I bought everything at my lfs it would cost me 70-100% more.

Maybe you'll have better luck this time.

I hope so, I'm going to order some arogonite sand from them. Hopefully UPS or Fedex can't screw this up.

I've always had good luck with fostersmith myself. never had to send anything back. hehe, for me it's much more convenient and cost-effective to order online or by phone. The nearest local fish store is not so local. There is a Petco 45min away, but they don't do corals or liverock, only fish, and not very many of those either. The closest actual marine kind of store is about 1 hour and a half away. It's kind of a bummer sometimes 'cause I very rarely ever get out to go browse actual livestock. :( oh well.

I can relate.......although I don't blame the retailers. I blame UPS.....I just received a shipment of base rock from hirocks.com for some reason the shipment was held up in Mass. then when I received the box it looked like it had been rolled across the country. The rock weighed out to about 56 and a 1/2 lbs (was supposed to be 60) anyone wanna guess what they were doing with the box in Mass. My guess is re-tapeing! here's how the box looked upon arrival.

No I didn't contact hirocks, I didn't really think it was there fault. I blame UPS. But I really don't want to go though a huge hassle over 4lbs of rock.

Back
Top Bottom