very cool (but expensive) powerhead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I`d call that pricey. I`m not spending that much either. It might be OK but I`ll let you let me know. LOL

I saw those in the Dr's mag that comes to my house before - pretty insane price, but awesome product!!!

I have a friend who has two of them (can you imagine $700). He swears by them . Pros are no electricity in the tank, reduced heat, and the battery backup.

chase33 said:
I have a friend who has two of them (can you imagine $700). He swears by them . Pros are no electricity in the tank, reduced heat, and the battery backup.

CONS: He had to sell the tank to afford the 2 PH's...

Marc Levenson has them in his reef and loves them! I'm with you guys way out of my price range, even though I would love to have one!!!

I see the benefit of not having power in the tank at all but dang....what a price to pay to get it....

Maybe when I win the lottery I'll buy us all one ;)

I could see something like that being used for large reef aquariums, but for the price and the amount of flow that you get out of them I personally dont seem them practical for smaller aquariums. Just my opinion.

I agree with all above--I just thought it would spark some good posts and I was right!

It doesn't come with any kind of control, like directional or flow rate. I think there more cost effective ones out there for a lot less. I mean, if you have the extra cash to check them out, I would love to hear about it. Other than that, check out any reviews you can find. I bet Micah will be along and give you the scoop.

Back
Top Bottom