Very Eager hawkfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ferretttt

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have my reef tank up for about two months or so now and all is going well. Not too many fatalities, except a flame scallop in one day (I think the hermies ate him up) and a peppermint shrimp.

Well that is really the issue. I have a longnosed hawkfish and he is ALWAYS hungry. Dont get me wrong, he is very cool! but the day after I got him, the shrimp was a meal. I actually saw him do it too.(Bad Fish!) The question is, the LFS said this wouldnt happen, the books say maybe, and I was looking at a Banded Coral Shrimp for next.

What do you think my chances are? He has calmed down a bit and doesnt pick on the others too much anymore.

yeah,
I suppose so. One of my hermit crabs made a meal out of my new flame scallop after one day. I knew that would happen but who doesnt like sea scallops LOL.

Anyway, thanks for the link. Funny though, I feed flakes too and he loves em. Even the veggie ones I sap off with every other day. Naturally he (actually think its a she after research) likes the spirulina brine shrip more, but....

Back
Top Bottom