Very fine green powder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquanaut

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi guys

Just about every day my glass gets covers by a very fine dusting of green powder (algae?).It wipes right off but you can see it float away in the water too.Its about the consistency of talc.Is it normal? too much light?

30 gal long
Light are 96w 10k 96w actinic on from 9 am to 7 pm.

Thanks all

How long has the tank been setup? What are your Nitrates at? I have the same algae in my tank, doesn't really bother me. I just use my Mag-Float and wipe it off.

I have the same thing in mine. It's annoying and I want to get one of those magnetic scrapers to make it easier. At least it wipes off easy.

Make sure when using a mag float that you don't get sand between the scraper and the glass. You'll scratch your glass. Something I wish I'd known beforehand. :evil:

Yes Revhtree I got a ro/di unit a couple of months ago...what a diff. The algae wipes right off with a Mag Float like everyone says.. It just seems to be more prevelant right now... Ill double check water params, but I think everything is OK. Thanks all By the way I really like your last post on Aquascaping your tank....Looks fantastic :) I'm jealous lol

Have you just recently added any chaeto? When I first added it, I had the same problem..

Thanks for the nice comments about the tank!! :wink:

Ahhhh yes I didadd some But it was a little while ago,Its really starting to grow now....That might be it. It strange though, some days I have none and some day a lot. There is no direct sunlight hitting it either . But it comes off easy soooooo... Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom