vho or compacts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

03shee

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
need to change the lighting on my 37gal. right now i only have 2 15w tubes. should i put 4 24'' 75watt vho lights or go with 2 or 4 power compact fluor. lights? which company makes good stuff? mainly going to house a few soft corals(polyps, anenomies, etc) i've had the tank going for about 2years now amd its time for change. i will be making a custom canopy. Also does a fan make the tank evaporate a lot of water? thanks :D

Personally, I like PC's. I think you'd be fine with either setup though. The VHO system will probably cost you a bit more up front. The PC's are more susceptible to corrosion because their endcaps don't seal as well as VHO's do. Either system will provide enough light for softies. Adding a fan will increase your evap rate, but it's really hard to say exactly how much.

Coralife has a 24 inch PC hood with a 10,000k bulb, an actnic blue bulb and a set of moonlights for $150...ish.

Thats the one I will be buying for my 37 Gallon.

RocketSeason said:
Coralife has a 24 inch PC hood with a 10,000k bulb, an actnic blue bulb and a set of moonlights for $150...ish.

Thats the one I will be buying for my 37 Gallon.
I have the 36" version of that fixture and I like it alot. Remember to get the legs if you want them, it doesn't come with them.

Back
Top Bottom