Video of one of my crazy crabs releasing young!! yuck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snapcrackler

Aquarium Advice Addict
I turned off the main lights before bed and just before I was going to switch off the actinics, guess what i saw.... one of these crabs releasing hundreds of little baby crab swimmers!!! Auuuugh!

It walked up with a sort of "hatch" upen on its underside with the little buggers wriggling and vibrating in the hatch opening thing. Then the crab pointed skyward and started shooting them out.

Sorry for the small video.. I took it with my mavica camera.

Anyway here is my link, I posted it on my soon-to-be-done web site.

http://www.ccincorporated.com/crab releasing young.mpg

ACk I can't see it, but if they are doing it in yours then they are doing it in mine! Noooooo. Aquacultured rock is amazingly beautiful but has it's drawbacks.

R-

Ah yes I forgot to mention it is about 1.3 meg so it will take a bit to load if yer using dialup.

I am HOPING that the majority of the lil swimmers got caught in the filter/eaten by my clowns.

Otherwise my pet mantis will be a busy lil feller later this summer.

Snap snap snap!

That video is crazy, could you imagine if even 10% of them survived 8O

are you sure he didnt just eat some bad seafood last night :lol:

thats pretty cool and your lucky you got it on tape congrads papy :D

prisoner1572 said:
so, why don't we want crabs having babies?

Because all crabs are evil :twisted: So hundreds of little baby crabs would be pure evilness in a tank

LOL!!

Yeah crabs are always tearing stuff up and knocking stuff over and generally being obnoxious. They were eating mushrooms in my tank for awhile until I caught most of them. :? Great now I will have 20 billion of them rearranging my tank. hehe

Back
Top Bottom