Video of rare aquariums in my living room, multiple biospheres etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
--

sent you a pm, this vid (which gets lost among my paragraphs and pics lol) shows the detail

YouTube - 1 Gallon Saltwater Aquarium and Globe Ecosystems

Now the lid for that 1/2 gallon was a real beauty. I paid a glass cutter to make it out of float glass. I know they say they restrict light, but I guess not so much :) works fine! they were 45 apeice ouch, cuz I had to pay them to drill little holes for the grommet work.

A 2.5 is perfect to build a sealed reef because the lip on the inside of the tank allows for sealing. Acrylic warps usually, making sealing a trick. So I had a glass lid, various models held it on with different ways. One way was weatherstripping and a press fit, one way was to glue the lid on thickly with silicone and then cut it off with one zip to make a perfectly seating and removable seal. thanks for stopping in
B

I have a 2.5g bowfront. Although itd be kinda hard to find a light system for it, it seems like a really cool idea for when I'm a little experienced with sw :lol:

Wayne it sure is fun so maybe you can try one. The same lights I use for the vase, the coralife mini aqualight will work fine for starters, because as a new tank you won't have a lot of corals, it will be more for physical experimentations in heating and evaporative control. Don't let anyone tell you a pico reef can't be your first, it depends on where you get your coaching lol these micro reefs were my first I just found enough help online to run em
B

I was actually thinking of starting a 10g as a first lol. and if I did a 2.5 I'd probably make an ATO system. Thank you very much for the info :D

O I see, if going open topped a ten is easier. See below for some vase ideas anybody... my friend Mark has made leaping advances for the reefbowl in drilling it, which has now taken the topoff requirements out to 5 days, with no ATO, which is easily the most consistent specific gravity of any sized reef system not using mechanical equipment!

Pico Reef Vase - a set on Flickr

My friend Mark read about the vases online then put his own master retrofitting skillz to work, making the line inputs through the bowl rather than a slit in the lid how amazing!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom