Viewing nocturnal inhabitants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

24 hours? NE!

Aquarium Advice Freak
I read in another thread that people like viewing their crabs and other night movers with a red light. Any tips? How do you get a red light? Any tips for taking pictures?

just get one of those flashlights that come with the "cool night vision lens" or go to a army surplus store and get one there. Whats with the name are you moving here or are you a smart person that moved from NE? One more ? what are you still doing up at this hour?

I have a 13w PC that I got from AHSupply for not much money and it lights the whole tank in a great red glow. Simple easy and you don't have to point. I also use one of the Actinic 13w for a moonlight, it looks great too.

sw-addict said:
Whats with the name are you moving here or are you a smart person that moved from NE?

my name is short for- "24 hours in a day? - Not Enough!" I'm a pastor in Orange County, California

sw-addict said:
One more ? what are you still doing up at this hour?

I'm also the father of 2 boys under the age of 28 months. This is the only time my wife and I can get anything done or work in the computer room without them tearing it up.

Thanks for the tip on the light.

You can purchase an LED moonlight that comes wired and ready to mount in your hood. Just put it on a timer and let it run all night or just turn it on when you want. They put out more of a whiter "moonish" looking color temperature that can also help stimulate spawning behaviors. I think they are around $20.

led moonlight

just read that about the moonlight and i want one.. Can you give me a link with mail order to australia so i can order one?? We have different voltages to, so i wonder how much of a prob that will be??

Hi again congrats on the 2 boys, sorry about you sleep and I was hoping for another Nebraska reefer. I have the csl moon-lites and they are not that great for seeing worms and such at night I still use a flashlight. A friend of mine uses those rope lights I think theyr'e for accent lighting and he says he can see at night, I'm not sure if he can or not but it does look very nice.

If you want to build your own I have the plans. Someone here gave them to me and I would do the same, just pm me. BTW their not hard to build. :D

i went to home depot and got some accent deck light and pt them in my hood they work great they came in blue, red and clear.

here's a pic yhey are the grey fixtures.

good luck with the kids!

Back
Top Bottom