Views on Tangs & Aquarium Size

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

obscurereef

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok. So I know this is a redundant topic about how blue, yellow and most other tangs are far too small in a 70 gallon (which is what I have), a 125, or an aquarium under 6' for that matter. This has changed my views from wanting a small blue tang in my tank to having a smaller tang. If you want to express your views/experiences on housing tangs go ahead! I'd love to read and see the diversity of opinions! That includes the tang police also :lol:

What about tomini tangs? Anyone have experience with these fish? Are they still too big for a 70 gallon 5' tank? Hopefully they don't pick on corals/bully some fish (I heard this about kole tangs even though they are supposedly reef-safe & peaceful).

:thanks: :dance:

You will be fine with a kole, or tomini tang. The other range really need a 6' tank, and I applaud you for not being greedy and taking advice!!!! I know it's hard but it has to be done for the fish. Thank you. If you get the kole or tomini they should be relatively peaceful. And we want pics!!!!!

Haha this was for the future...I dream too far in advance :lol:. Want to take it slow like everyone has advised :D . And thanks for the input!

I don't know if your lfs does this but mine always is trying get me to buy a little tang. They said just bring it back when it gets too large but they are very slow growers.

My lfs does this as well they are going to take the fish back when get to big for my 72. I have a sailfin tang that is about an inch now. They will put in there 800 display once it gets big and trade me something else for it.

Back
Top Bottom