Vivid Aquariums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GhostKnife

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Has anyone particularly on the eastern part of US ordered anything from Vivid Aquariums? Coral Fish or Inverts. I am thinking about making a purchase and was looking for some feedback. Just wondering.

Not me, but I do like to drool over their stock!!!

I have purchased from them before but only by going into the store, never online. They have the best coral selection I have never seen. Talk about drool, you should see the 800-gallon reef tank they have inside there!:p

Dang. I live in ohio and was thinking of ordering from them. Thing is... is that any order under 150 and shipping is rediculous. Order over 150 and shipping is free. Alright well maybe ill wait a few days and see if anyone has had any luck.

Dang. I live in ohio and was thinking of ordering from them. Thing is... is that any order under 150 and shipping is rediculous. Order over 150 and shipping is free. Alright well maybe ill wait a few days and see if anyone has had any luck.

Is there anybody else you know if Ohio who has a tank? If so you can order together and split shipping or go over the $150 and get free shipping. They have a guarantee when you buy online too which is nice. If you buy from the store the guarante is only 1-day.

Well since you have been in the place. It is obviously legit and they know what they are doing. The shipping is what scares me... when it is out of their hands and in the hands of people who are working and dont really care too much about whats inside. There are exceptions to the rule but. What do you think. I suppose it is just like ordering from somewhere else.

Hey ryshark the fish that are at Vivid... how do they look. Will they sell a fish that is not ready. I was thinking of a few. However shipping stresses a fish and it would need to be healthy and have a strong immune system before it was shipped. Do you know how long they hold fish usually before being sold? Let me know. Thanks for your help too!

I guess what I should have said was. I am not so much concerned about the corals... They seem to take shipping a little better than fish..

Hey ryshark the fish that are at Vivid... how do they look. Will they sell a fish that is not ready. I was thinking of a few. However shipping stresses a fish and it would need to be healthy and have a strong immune system before it was shipped. Do you know how long they hold fish usually before being sold? Let me know. Thanks for your help too!

They don't stock as many fish as they offer on the website. Certain fish you purcahse online they have to go get at the wholesaler first before they can ship it out. At the store they have the fish in display tanks like any other LFS. I don't know if they have a QT process for fish or not.

Back
Top Bottom