Vlamingi tang?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
crister13 said:
Ya probably. If he gets too big give him away if he stays the same size keep him.

Where would you give him away too? Lol hopefully not to the same lfs hahaha

Probably to someone on here IF I got him which I probably wont. Ill have to go see him again. I just want to be able to keep him forever, so I dont think Ill get him.

Ya ik. It's completely ridiculous. How long do you thing I would be able to keep him? Is there a chance I could keep him for life?

Personally I would say it is already too big for your tank. No, you wouldn't be able to keep it for life, they do in fact reach close to 24" in captivity, and need a much larger tank. What is the foot print of your current 150?

Hate to be a downer...but I dive with these guys. Where many reef fish occupy tiny territories, tangs collect into big schools and fly all over the reef. So it is kind of cruel to keep them in a tiny environment. They need lots of holes to sleep in and fly thru and as much room as you can afford to give them.

crister13 said:
I've heard that don't get too big in captivity and the biggest one I've ever seen was a little over a foot in an aquarium.

My friend had a 14 inch vlamingi in his 265 gallon and had to move it out. Got too big for the tank

Back
Top Bottom