vortech mp10....durability??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TRDfan

Aquarium Advice Freak
A friend of a friend is selling his mp10 for about $100 and im debaiting on jumping on it. I know it is a great pump with some great features. My concern is its durability. How long do these pump last on average?? if its not too long, ill rather get a new one

Plus would a mp10 be good enough for a 40g breeder??

TRDfan said:
A friend of a friend is selling his mp10 for about $100 and im debaiting on jumping on it. I know it is a great pump with some great features. My concern is its durability. How long do these pump last on average?? if its not too long, ill rather get a new one

Plus would a mp10 be good enough for a 40g breeder??

I've had an MP40 for about 8 months and have had zero negative issues with it. I love it.

IMO a MP10 would be plenty for a 40g

My mp10 has been more than sufficient for my 40b... I've never had it cranked up above 60%. They'll last a good long time, and you can buy replacement bearings, drives, wet sides, dry sides, etc for them if you ever need to.

TRDfan said:
what size tank do you have??

I have a 60g cube. I originally had a MP10, but had to return it because my acrylic was too thick. I have the MP40 set about 40%

My mp10 has been more than sufficient for my 40b... I've never had it cranked up above 60%. They'll last a good long time, and you can buy replacement bearings, drives, wet sides, dry sides, etc for them if you ever need to.

Thanks for that info. I shall jump all over the deal then :ROFLMAO: If i were to upgrade my tank, would i be able to add another wet side to it? or do i have to upgrade the commander too or get another commander?? He is selling the mp10w version

Back
Top Bottom