WAHOOOO!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ayesha97

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just got my CPR Bak Pak in the mail today! :multi: I just finished hooking it up. I had no clue that it was SO BIG!!! (well... at least to my 20 gal tank)

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to place the airline tube? It's just floating aorund right now and not looking that attractive. (and I know... a sump would be great, but not going to happen at the moment)

The airline tube? that doesnt go in the water. that stays out of the water so it can suck up air.

Someone suggeted accually taking off the air valve and replacing the current airline with a 2-3 foot section of tube. I did and not only am I getting the perfect amount of air, but it runs much quiter as well!

Also, you may want to consider getting a pre-skimmer box. It will look huge in the 20 gallon tank, but it hides that ugly pump and the wires and tubes. Plus it increases the skimmers efficency.

take a look at my gallery to see what the box looks like attached to the pump. you can also see my airline tube peeking out over the top of the tank.

Would ya look at that! I have bubbles forming now!!!! Did you put the end cap back on the tubing when you replaced it with the longer piece? How does the pre-skimmer box improve the effeincy (sp)???

(sorry for the 3 posts in a row!)

I left the valve off because i couldnt get mine to adjust. Alot of people suggest taking it off completely anyway. If needed, I can purchase a higher quality valve later. The longer tube will helped muffle the sound alot.

The syphon thing that Anonemoeman was refering to is with the Overflow Box. (which is a different piece of equipment that CPR sells) So don't worry about syphon issues.

The pre-skimmer increases effeincy by pumping water from the surface into the skimmer. the surface water is where particulate and gunk likes to collect. using the pre skimmer will help keep the film off the top of the water.

Back
Top Bottom