Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-17-2011, 08:38 PM   #111
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Amazing Aquariums in daytona Beach finally got them in for me. Gonna go look at them tomorrow then pick them up Monday. Hopefully they come out of QT well.

Old 03-17-2011, 09:57 PM   #112
Aquarium Advice Addict

That is good news! Good luck with the little guys, they are definitely entertaining little fish. Don't get to worried about their behavior, they do some very odd things sometimes. lol I think they plot at night about things to do to trick you into believing there are problems.

Old 03-19-2011, 12:39 AM   #113
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

So I went to visit my fish and they are very tiny. I mean really small. I'd say less than an inch. They are still orangeish. They are tank bred ORA's and are already paired up, I'm already paid so they're mine officially.

I guess my question is are they too small? I have some serious water flow in my tank, should I turn one koralia off? Also, they are treating the fish now with copper while in QT, is this normal?
They said they wanna make sure I get healthy fish so they suggested I wait a few days. The fish came in on Thursday so would Monday be good?
Old 03-19-2011, 09:21 AM   #114
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yeah, they might take a while to turn black, I believe it was Jimbo7 here got an ORA pair and the pictures he's posted of them they're orange/red.

I say leave the PHs on, if they can't swim against the current well then turn one off.

As far as the QT and copper, it's a personal thing. Some people QT and medicate for no reason, others use it to observe for any problems and medicate only if necessary. I'd give them a little over a week if you can stand to wait it out, just to make sure they made the trip okay and are eating well. Also not to move them a bunch since they're small
Old 03-19-2011, 10:03 AM   #115
Aquarium Advice Regular

Carey, I am closely following your story. My 30 gal sw tank has finished its cycle and is ready for fish. This is my first ever tank. I don't have a QT, guess I'd better look into that. I am having the hardest time arranging my rock. My tank is a half-moon, 30" tall. I am trying to keep the front open for swimming, but not having much luck.
Old 03-19-2011, 10:26 AM   #116
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiorn View Post
Carey, I am closely following your story. My 30 gal sw tank has finished its cycle and is ready for fish. This is my first ever tank. I don't have a QT, guess I'd better look into that. I am having the hardest time arranging my rock. My tank is a half-moon, 30" tall. I am trying to keep the front open for swimming, but not having much luck.

Hi. I had a hard time with my rock arranging too, I just re did it aof the last time I hope. It's so much easier to move stuff around without fish so now is your chance!
I do have a blenny and a sea hare bt they don't seem to mind. I used to pile the rocks against the back wal but found algae grows and I cant reach it. So try to keep some room between rock and glass. I also just busted up one of my larger rocks to make smaller more manageable pieces.

Good luck, thanks for following.
Old 03-19-2011, 02:27 PM   #117
Aquarium Advice Regular

Here is a photo of the rock...hopefully last attempt. The half-moon makes it really hard to stay away from the glass. There is about 35 lbs in there.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-806745877.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	31508  
Old 03-19-2011, 02:30 PM   #118
Aquarium Advice Regular

Another pic...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-3245575434.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	31511  
Old 03-19-2011, 02:31 PM   #119
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Maybe if you broke it up some? You've got some big chunks. Looks like you have some flatter pieces too, that can be handy. Are you aiming for corals and fish? or just fish? I'm worried theres not enough swimming room in mine. lol I did just pull out about 5 lbs of rock though. I had 48 lbs in my tank.
Old 03-19-2011, 02:34 PM   #120
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I broke up some of mine and stacked them. The ones on the left are all smaller pieces stacked at an angle so I could follow the tanks curves. Took a sledgehammer and my b/f to do it though. Those rocks are hard! And i lost maybe a lb in rubble due to breaking them. Just a suggestion. It looks pretty good already.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	002.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	194.4 KB
ID:	31512  

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com