Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-07-2011, 02:52 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Waiting almost a month for fish. Should I reconsider?

I really wanted 2 black clown fish. Everyone has the regular nemo ones. BUT I've been searching high and low and finding none. Been calling around and no one is getting any in that they are willing to sell. Either picasso ones which they keep or they dont look good according to the stores.

I guess my thought is, should I keep waiting? I know it's a personal decision but I have a fishless tank with just cuc and corals and would like some movement.

I do intend on putting in a blenny and/or a goby, maybe I should look for these first?

I'm bored, and frustrated so any thoughts would be great.

Thanks

Old 03-07-2011, 02:58 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

I would go and get maybe some inverts and other fish you planned on putting in there...but never give up! I've been search for a butis butis for what seems like an eternity. Granted I don't already have a tank set up for him...

Old 03-07-2011, 03:02 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

My thought on this subject is I think you wouldnt be happy if you settled for the fish you dont want. Have you tried Aquarium Fish: Tropical Freshwater Fish and Saltwater Fish for Home Aquariums they usually have the black percs. Altough I have not ordered anything from them i have heard nothing but good things about them.

.:30 gallon FOWLR, 2 B&W Clowns & Lawnmower Blenny:.
BillyD918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 03:04 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyD918 View Post
My thought on this subject is I think you wouldnt be happy if you settled for the fish you dont want. Have you tried Aquarium Fish: Tropical Freshwater Fish and Saltwater Fish for Home Aquariums they usually have the black percs. Altough I have not ordered anything from them i have heard nothing but good things about them.

Just looked there and they are out of stock too!

I have never ordered fish online, is it really safe?
Old 03-07-2011, 03:06 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

I ordered two bichirs online and they seemed a little under fed but other than that there was no issues at all! Still happily swimming along to this day.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:29 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Has anyone used thatfishplace.com for live specimens? They have the black clowns I want and they also have a cool looking black clarkii clown.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:42 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

If you order online you need to make sure you QT the fish, many fish don't ship well and you never know what is in the water. It's always important to QT but when you have no idea where they came from it becomes that much more important.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:44 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Darn, another issue to deal with then. My qt is setup for a sick cichlid right now and a 2nd qt isnt viable right now.

never thought about that end of it. Thanks so much. Guess I will continue to search locally and somewhat locally.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:49 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

No problem, good luck finding them, I don't know what the market is like up there but they are all over the Tampa area, your lfs should be able to order them for you. I don't know how much they are there, but I haven't seen them for more than 25 here.
Old 03-07-2011, 04:32 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Activist

I know the lfs here has them all the time if you are any where near fort wayne indiana maybe he could ship them to you or something I dunno he calls them the obamas cause they come as pairs..

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com